Mr Chris Ward is 1st Degree/Dan Black belt with 7 years of various Martial Arts Training and over 12 years experience in working with kids and teenagers in local church ministry.
Master Sandberg (7th Degree / Dan Black Belt) is a nationally recognized, licensed instructor with 40 years of martial arts experience, and 31 yearsof teaching experience
Tenets of Christian Tae Kwon Do
1. FAITH – Faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Faith in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Faith in God’s Grace as a gift; believe that salvation is only through accepting the Lord into your heart and asking his forgiveness. We bow before and after class to a picture of Jesus Christ. John 6:53, Mark 16:16: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." We MUST act out and demonstrate our faith : James 2:24&26: "You see a that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone." "As a body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." see alsoLuke 7 and 2 COR 4:3-4.
2. COURTESY - Being kind and polite in all dealings. Showing respect to parents, elders, teachers, juniors, and friends. This demonstrates that you care and love them. Matt 25:45: They will reply, "I tell you the truth whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me." See also 1 Tim 5:21.
3. INTEGRITY – Showing honesty and forthrightness in all dealings. Having a reliable and honorable character. 1 KING 9:4, Psalm 7:8, Mark 12:14.
4. PERSEVERANCE – Never giving up; especially on worthy causes and goals. Rely on God in difficult situations and keep up the good fight. 2 COR 8-9, ROM 5:3-4, 2 THES 1:4, JAMES 1:4, HEB 12:1.
5. SELF-CONTROL – Being in control of your emotions and actions; accepting total responsibility your own actions. Choosing the right and correct action / response in difficult (and all other) situations. 1 Peter 2:2, 2 Peter 1:6.
6. INDOMITABLE SPIRIT - If the Holy Spirit is in you, who can defeat you? Having internal strength that comes from God that can never be defeated in the most important aspects of your life. John 20:21, Rom 8:26.
7. MODESTY – All abilities and possessions come from God and are for His service. Try your hardest and do not waste the gifts God has given you; but when you succeed give credit where credit is due: to Jesus Christ. Phil 2:3: Do nothing out of self-ambition or vain conceit, but inhumility consider others better than yourselves. See also Gal 6:3.
Type your paragraph here.
Martial Arts for Mind, Body and Soul
Children seek an identity. The question is where will they find it: from TV, from their friends, from their favorite musician? We believe that the identity that they truly seek is the one God has already created within each of us. Children only need to have confidence and guidance to discover the beautiful self that God has already created.
Christian Tae Kwon Do can give your children the strength and courage for this self-discovery by promoting self-confidence through the attainment of achievable goals, by building up their self-esteem and self-control, and by encouraging their understanding and acceptance of the Holy Spirit’s active role in their daily lives. Class is structured and taught using traditional approaches that teach discipline, respect, and faith. Master Sandberg (7th Degree / Dan Black Belt) is a nationally recognized, licensed instructor with 36 years of martial arts experience, and 27 years of teaching experience. Instructor Ward (1st Dan Black Belt) has worked with kids and youth for over 12 years in Local Church Ministry & Missions and 6 years in Martial Arts.
Looking for bonding time with your kids? Sign-up for family class! Spend time with your children while you have fun and get in shape. The Little Lions program starts children as young as 3 years old.
In addition to the physical benefits that Tae Kwon Do offers (healthy body, better balance, strength, flexibility), Christian Tae Kwon Do also develops the mind (focus, concentration, perseverance), and spirit (a closer relationship with God, character development).
BELT COLORS & MEANINGS
White represents the purity of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It also represents a clean slate, the beginning of a journey, as when one begins a relationship with God.
Yellow represents the sunrise. As Jesus rose after 3 days, so too will we when He returns. The sun reminds us of God's grace pouring on us from above, giving us the ultimate gift: Eternal Life.
Orange is the color of sunset. It is the promise of God's omnipresence. As surely as the Sun goes down each day it will rise again the next. Even though we do not always see the sun it is always there and we can depend on it to give us light and warmth the next day. All the more so with God, who created the Sun, the Universe and each one of us.
Green is the color of growth. We continually grow in our relationship with the Lord. Green reminds us that we are all a part of God's creation, a work in progress.
Purple represents the Royalty and Holiness of Lord Jesus Christ's reign on earth and
in Heaven. We aspire to be like Jesus, knowing that we will never be perfect.
Blue represents the sky and Heaven where our Lord lives and watches over us. We desire to live with Him in our eternal Life, and know that we may only get to Heaven through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Brown represents the earth, where our Lord was buried after his crucifixtion and before he became the Risen Christ. Here the student must work to till the soil of the martial arts, to dig out the riches of knowledge needed to reach the next level in Christianity and Tae Kwon Do.
Red represents Christ's blood which was shed for us. It also represents heat and fire which are the trials and difficulties in life that refine us. The sword of a master sword maker is heated, folded, and pounded--hundreds of times. This hardening process makes the blade sharp, strong, and a work of art and love. So too in our daily life we face difficulties that refine us and make us better, stronger Christians. Christians do not shirk difficult tasks and troubles. We persevere and persist and know that God never gives us anything that we are not equipped to handle -- WITH HIS HELP.
Black represents a major step in your journey with Christ. It is the beginning of a more enlightened walk with Jesus. Combining yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, and red produces black. Black represents the combined knowledge of the lower levels in Christian Tae Kwon Do training. As we mature we are better prepared to appreciate the Gift of eternal salvation, and responsibility and debt of service which we owe our Lord. The journey with God is neverending. We continue to learn to be better Christians through our martial art training The black belt phase of our walk with God must be approached as a new beginning. It means to start again with a new innocence, reaching not for a goal of achievement, but of Godliness and service.
Type your paragraph here.